Sweet Sayings

Happy Birthday Grammy! I love you!

Love without boundaries, what a theme for my trip to Kenya this past month. These kids give love without conditions or the perfect situation. Their love is genuine, real, and I feel it each day. It is the love of Christ. The love that each of us desires deep in our souls. This is true love.

Some of my favorite quotes from this week include sweet sayings from my babes:

-       “Sleep good, Hannah. I love you” – Juma
-       “Ni Anakupenda sana sana sana sana (I love you so so so so much) –Tom
-       “We are going to see the King. Hallelujah!” – the bus ride to church
-       “I love your hugs” –Juma
-       “You are part of a friend” –Byron
-       “You are messungoo sana” (you are very white) – Odis the driver
-       “When you leave I will cry like a baby” –Byron
-       “Hannnnnnnnnah” –Ocampo
-       “You come back and stay for a year in Kenya. We love you. You are welcome!” –Silus the dorm dad
-       “We are so glad we are friends. You bless us!” –Salene and Gladys the dorm moms


I know these phrases don’t do justice, but this is just a glimpse into my life in Kenya. Simple, yet powerful. My heart is changed forever and I couldn’t be more thankful! Here is to 24 more hours with the loves of my life! Tear will be flowing!

We are all called to an eternal purpose. Look around, breath in the sweet aroma of Christ and be changed. He is waiting for you. He has always been waiting. Despite your insignificance he calls you worthy, adored, loved, and full of purpose. You are a diamond in this messy world! You are worth dying for!


Joyful in spirit, Hannah


Comments

Popular Posts