Back at It

Hello from America! It has been quite the adventure being back. I am most thankful for a family that loves me unconditionally and for sweet memories of my time in Migori. The Lord has been sweet even through the struggles at home. Since being back I have come down with symptoms similar to Malaria. I have tried to brush them off and been talking to Cassidy because as most of you know she came down with it as soon as we left. Anyway, i have been really sick. I think this is how satan has been attacking me most since I have been back because most of you know how many things I had to get done! All the while I am praising Jesus for his provision through this whole journey.

The Lord has done incredible things.

Monday I found a roommate in Birmingham and by Wednesday was down there searching for apartments and ended up signing a lease. Today I moved all in and within 1 week of being back I am ready to start my career of Children's. A true miracle if you ask me!

It has been a whirlwind as most of you can imagine and my heart aches for Migori and the people. I have spent some nights crying myself to sleep and others rejoicing in the mystery of the gospel. It has been a sweet time of me clinging to the only constant thing in my life... the cross. I am in love. More in love with christ than I ever have been and for that I am thankful.

In many ways this week back has been different than last time. Mostly because I think my heart is more connected than ever to that country. I have felt like I have been walking around in a fog and at some points feel dead on the inside. Nothing seems real. I dont want anything to seem real. I think this is a beautiful picture of how alive my spirit was in Kenya. The joy and love I felt knew no boundaries and in every way I was awake. America is just different and I am trying to find that strength and joy here. 

Please pray that my heart would continue to cling to Jesus as i adjust. I am praying for each one of you by name. I am trusting that our God is capable of moving mountains as we trust in Him. I am totally convinced that we are part of a great adventure made entirely for us! Stay close to the cross and know you are loved!!

Praising God for his provision and for each of your lives! Let me know how I can be specifically praying for each of you. 

love to you all (Ni Anakupenda), Hannah

Comments

Popular Posts