Dearly we're Bought

Writing has never been a strength of mine but I find it very helpful in growing physically, mentally, and spiritually. As I have made my way back to auburn after a long winter break I feel rejuvenated. Not physically but emotionally and spiritually. I spent so much time at home resting.. and by that I dont mean sleeping but rather understanding where my heart is and what desires I have for this next semester. I have decided on a course of action to make life more enjoyable while also growing spiritually, but first I think I should explain where I am at so of course the story starts way back....
Once upon a time lived a beautiful princess. She was sweet, strong, and loved by so many. She was the perfectionist in her kingdom and loved for everything to be in a specific order. She controlled the food that came into the castle and the gowns they wore to the balls and became flustered if anything was not perfect. She began to feel empty.... only because she was using so much of her energy trying to please everyone. She felt like she always had to be in control or else the whole kingdom would be disappointed in her. She loved her kingdom, but for some reason she did not have a very close relationship with her father. He seemed distant and big and sometimes even scary. She strived to make him proud but always felt empty afterwards. She worked to please others and mostly herself. She never say herself as pretty but rather not good enough. On a special day a ball was to be thrown in honor of the princes..... and i bet you could guess who hosted this special ball? That is right her father, the king. He told her to put on her prettiest ball gown and show up at 8 o'clock sharp. The morning of the big ball the sweet princess began to get nervous. She was afraid that she would not look pretty enough, or be sweet enough to please her beloved kingdom. As 7 o'clock rolled around the corner the princess decided she would just go for it and get dressed for the ball. She slipped on her most elegant white dress, her glass slippers, and her crown of jewels. As she walked through the doors of the castle she heard cheering. She had no idea what was going on so she looked questionably at her father. He called her over and had her sit at the right side of his thrown. He said... "my beloved daughter this is all for you. I know you have felt empty and I know you have felt tired but know that I have been with you all along. I have walked through the markets with you and wiped the tears from your eyes because I am in your heart. You are always close to me and dearly loved by me and the whole kingdom. The princess began to cry and said "father, why did I not notice you before?" The king looked up from the ground and said, "my love, I have always been there you just didn't take the time to notice. My love for you is greater then this kingdom and nothing you could ever do can come between us." As the king looked deep into his princesses eyes she responded with a quick hug and kiss and said "I love you dad!"
Much of my life I have been more focused on pleasing others rather then my God. I have wasted so much energy worrying about what people think or just trying to make everything perfect. One thing I have learned over Christmas break is that I am dearly bought, highly esteemed, and redeemed with Jesus blood. I have learned that it is good to mess up because that means growth is happening. I am so excited what the Lord has in store for me over the next couple months. Praise Him!
Along with a crazy schedule of classes I also have a big semester on decisions. I have three applications that I have to turn in within the next month. My nursing school application, my Kenya mission project application, and the Pi Chi application. If you could pray for me through decision making and pray that I would not get in the way of what the Lord has planned I would greatly appreciate it.

All my Love, Hannah

Comments

Popular Posts