It's Cold and It's Tuesday

It's cold and it's Tuesday. But I am dearly loved and nothing can put a damper on that.

As I sit filling out paperwork after paperwork for Africa, my heart is overwhelmed. Overwhelmed in excitement for this next season and overjoyed to be traveling to Migori, Kenya in a little over a month.

Who knew this is what the Lord had planned when he created me 23 years ago? I am dearly loved. I can't say that enough.

Through ups and downs it has never been so apparent that the Lord is FOR me. He has always been for me. And although sometimes I doubted his presence.... he was never idle. He was constantly at work planning for each step of my journey. And boy is this journey fun!

So enjoy today because life is fun. And you are free!


“I believe that suffering is part of the narrative, and that nothing really good gets built when everything's easy. I believe that loss and emptiness and confusion often give way to new fullness and wisdom.” 

This sweet quote by Shauna Niequist has been the headline of my life the past few months. I have been broken, and with brokenness comes vulnerability. And that gives way for the Lord to work. I know more now than ever that each day I am to lay my life at the foot of Jesus. To give him complete control over each encounter, each smile, each move I make. This day to day act of giving up control is life. Life to the fullest. And there you find freedom! 

So today I can share with confidence that my worth was determined at the foot of the cross, and at that moment it was FINISHED! 

Be blessed because you are worth it!



Comments

Popular Posts