These people are my world, I am lucky to be part of theirs

Hi. I'm back. Married, mother of two, and passionate Nurse Practitioner. So much has changed since my last post. Time to get you up to speed....

Just a year and a half after returning from Kenya, on May 21, 2016, I married my forever crush, Clay. He is everything I dreamed for in a spouse and keeps our house rolling on the ground laughing with his witty remarks and dance moves. Although a total sports guy, D1 athlete, and manly man, he is the greatest girl dad I have ever seen. We are so lucky he is ours.

Two fur babies joined our home in 2016 and 2018. Lily is a boxer/pitbull mix with the sweetest demeanor. She happily sleeps 20 hours out of the day but is always up for belly scratches or head kisses. Piper is a black lab and FULL OF ENERGY. At 3 years old I still believe she is in her "puppy stage". You can find her following us from activity to activity and always the first to catch a spare crumb that falls on the floor. These girls keep our floors covered in dog hair, our faces covered in puppy kisses, and our hearts full of unconditional love. We couldn't imagine our days without them. 

Nora Evelyn Holcomb joined our family on May 17, 2019. She is the one who made me a mama and continues to make me so proud on a daily basis. If I have said it once, I have said it 100 times, she is EVERYTHING good in this world. She is kind, thoughtful, empathetic, a people pleaser, a passionate perfectionist, and an all-around daddy's girl. She is the perfect big sister and cares for all creatures around her. She is inquisitive and a big talker. At 2 years old, she blows my mind. I am lucky to be her mom. 

Margot Virginia Holcomb made her debut on August 21, 2020. Just 15 months younger than her sister, she is our biggest surprise. She is everything this mama didn't know she needed. She is quirky, loving, and altogether a mama's girl. At just over a year she can read a room better than anyone I have ever met and she is always looking to make someone laugh. I love her spirit... I think mostly because she is everything I am not. I admire her. I adore her. I am so glad God knew better when he gave me her.

These people are my world. I'm lucky to be part of theirs. I see God in the way we laugh together, cry together, and share together. I hope you see God too... as I share little joys found in the journey.

Enjoy today, Hannah

Comments

Popular Posts